The lands have extensive frontage to Cloughey Road and lie within the settlement limit for Portaferry as set out in the Ards and Down Area Plan 2015. The lands are contained in 2 fields currently in grass and let in conacre to 1 November 2016. The land is contained within a Housing Policy Area as designated under the plan and as and development is subject to the following considerations as listed
- Offers And Expressions Of Interest Invited
- Provision Of A Satisfactory Sited Access Onto The Cloghey Road To Include The Provision Of A Right Turn Facility
- Design Of Development Layout And Access Details To Ensure That Houses Front Onto Cloughey Road And Proposed Access Road
- Consideration Of All Views To The Site Particularly From The A21 And Cloughey Road
- Consideration Will Be Given To Sub-Division Of Land Into Smaller Areas If Necessary
- The Retention Of Existing Buffer Using Indigenous Species On All Boundaries To Ensure An Definite Edge To The Settlement Adjacent To The Countryside Policy Area
- Porvision Of A Pedestrian Link To Connect Housing To Schools And Playground At The Junction of Demesne View, High Street, Cloughey Road And Ballyphilip Road.